- 3 lb of pork shoulders
- 2 tbsp of Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp of Barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp of Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of salt
- a pinch of red food colouring
- 1 tbsp of Chinese rice wine or sherry
How to cook
- Cut ribs along bone to about 3 inches long.
- Place on large bowl and mixed in all ingredients.
- Mixing well ensuring all meat is covered.
- Leave to marinade for at least 4 hours (if possible overnight).
- Lightly oil base of large baking tray and place ribs onto it.
- Roast in oven for approx. 1 hour turning occasionally (longer depending on thickness of meat).
- For best results, leave for an hour to cool and deep fry for a couple of minutes before serving.
Remember safety in the kitchen, never leave heating oil unattended